The Rogers Lions Club is excited to continue their annual bouja (aka booya) feed. For those not familiar with bouja, bouja is best described as a soup consisting of a broth to which vegetables are added. Beef, chicken, and pork are popular varieties of meat for bouja with vegetables such as carrots, rutabaga, celery, and potatoes also in the mix. To top it off, the Lions Cooking Team adds their special blend of seasonings to create a bouja that is second to none.
Come on down to the next bouja feed, details below. You'll leave with a stomach full of great bouya and all proceeds are used to support Rogers and the surrounding communities.
October 18th, 2014
Rogers Community Center
- Noon -to- 4:00 – Band
- Noon -to- 2:00 – Chili and soup competition
- 2:00 until it runs out – Bouja
- 4:00 -to- 8:00 – New band
- When bouya runs out -to- end of night – Brats and burgers
- 9:00 -to- midnight – Maiden Dixie Band
- All day beer and beer, and some more beer.